Higher Secondary School:
In response to public demand, the Management upgraded the Vidyalaya
into a Higher Secondary School in June 1990. The school has since
been imparting ideal education to Children in a disciplined and serene
academic atmosphere, and has been consistently producing high percentage
of results year after year ranging from 95% to 100%. The Higher Secondary
School has now a strength of 2827 students with 52 sections and 66
members on the teaching staff. .Hr .Sec. Exam result is 88% and SSLC
result is 85 %.
The Literary and Cultural associations have been quite active. In
Sports too, our pupils participated in many matches at local and district
levels and have won a few.
Girls Higher Secondary School:
The Girls Higher Secondary School was started in June 1950 with 123
girls. The School has now a strength of 1322 students, 26 sections
and 35 members on the teaching staff. Like the Boys Hr. Sec. School
the Girls Hr. Sec. School too has been maintaining uniformly high
percentage of passes every year. S.S.L.C Exam result was 96% and the
Hr. Sec. Exam result was 94%.
The Primary School:
The Primary School, started in 1947 with 25 children, mainly caters
to the needs o the poor and backward classes of the locality, The
School has now on its roll 599 children. The children are encouraged
to take active part in sports, cultural and literary activities.
In response to the public demand a kindergarten school was started
in 1980. The School has now 1266 children on the roll form L.K.G to
Std. VII in its English and Tamil sections. The children participate
in all the extra curricular activities like games, sports and cultural
items like drama, competitions etc.
Swami Sankarananda Students Home
A Students hostel was attached to the Boys High School on 26.6.1939
to provide educational facilities to the students of outlaying areas
of the State. For long, the Hostel did not have a building of its
own. In 1984, the hostel was shifted to its new building, put up at
the new Ashrama complex of the Mission at Hanumanthaputheri at a cost
of nearly Rs 30 Lakhs. All the boys are looked after by the monastic
members of thye Mission. In the year 2000, hostel was abolished and
an orphanage was started. At present we have 100 students.
Sunday Religious School:
A Sunday religious school was opened in 1983 to impart knowledge
to young children on the ancient lores of their own religion.
The school is open to all children from 6 to 12 years of age.
Bhajans, Prayers, Meditation, Yogasanas and study of Sanskrit
and of the cardinal tenets of various religions of the world constitute
the routine of the school. Efforts are made to inculcate in the
young minds a high sense of integrity, honesty and rectitude.
While imparting love for one’s own religion and country,
care is taken to see that the children imbibe respect towards
other religions as well.
In commemoration of the 125th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
the mission started on 29th July 1988 ( Guru Poornima day) an evening
class for slum children. An average of 250 children regularly attend
the school. In addition to the coaching the children are provided
with nutritious food, Uniforms and Medical treatment etc.
Regular Pooja in the temple, Bhajan, Aaarthi in the evening, Ram
Nam Sangeerthanam on Ekadhasi days, celebration of Birth Anniversaries
of Sri Ramakrishna, Shri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other
Prophets are organised. In addition to regular classes for hostel
boys and devotees the Swamiji also gave occasional lectures in and
outside the state.
A Health Care centre was started on 30.12.88, the Birth Anniversary
of the Holy Mother to cater the health needs of the general public
in and around Hanumanthaputheri in the dispensary building.
Shri Sarada Kala Nikhetan was started on 5.7.86 mainly for the benefits
of boys and girls studying in the Ramakrishna Mission schools. Fine
Arts, languages and crafts are being taught to all children.
A Library cum reading room was declared open on 1.5.95 in the first
floor of the dispensary building. At present the library is being
utilised by the monastic members only.